Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I am far more than that...

"Mackenzie, I am what some would say 'holy, and wholly other than you.' The problem is that many folks try to grasp some sense of who I am by taking the best version of themselves, projecting that to the nth degree, factoring in all the goodness I perceive, which isn't often much, and then call that God. And while it may seem like a noble effort, the truth is that it falls pitifully short of who I am. I'm not merely the best version of you that you can think of. I am far more than that, above and beyond all that you can ask or think."

"Even though you can't finally grasp me, guess what? I still want to be known."

(p. 98)

I really like this quote! Wow. ++++ I want to send out a special welcome to all the new visitors - from all over the world! So glad to have you reading daily, and hope you will find great comfort in the special messages from the book. :D

No comments: