Monday, July 20, 2009

Simply opening they way...

"Honey, you asked me what Jesus accomplished on the cross; so now listen to me carefully: through his death and resurrection, I am now fully reconciled to the world."

"The whole world? You mean those who believe in you, right?"

"The whole world, Mack. All I am telling you is that reconciliation is a two way street, and I have done my part, totally, completely, finally. It is not the nature of love to force a relationship but it is the nature of love to open the way." (p. 192)

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Not Biblical, not even a little bit. Jesus sacrifices Himself on the cross for the whole world, but not everyone will receive salvation. His gift is only available to those who believe in Him, and accept His gift. You can either accept the gift of eternal salvation, or you can turn it down, but turning it down sends you to Hell where you will burn.

John 14:6 (New International Version)

6Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Saying otherwise, is calling Jesus a liar.

"The Shack" is crap.