Tuesday, July 7, 2009

This whole thing...

"Sitting here with you, in this moment, it doesn't seem that hard. But when I think about my regular life back home, I don't know how to keep it as simple as you're suggesting. I'm stuck in that same grasp for control as everyone else is. Politics, economics, social systems, bills, family, commitments...it can all be a bit overwhelming. I don't know how to change it all."

"No one is asking you to!" Jesus said tenderly. "That is Sarayu's task and she knows how to do it without brutalizing anyone. This whole thing is a process, not an event. All I want from you is to trust me with what little you can, and grow in loving people around you with the same love I share with you." (p. 180-181)


1 comment:

Dawn said...

Hi Jen
I hope you are well. This is such an important passage for me. It gives the freedom to build faith and trust. Thanks for this one today!